Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a Gillian McKeith recipe.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, trimmed, peeled and finely grated
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely grated
- 1 ounce sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons tahini, drained of any excess oil before measuring
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 handful chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon, powder
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend for 5-10 seconds, until the mixture is fairly coarse. Push the mixture down with a spatula and blend for a further 10 seconds.
- Wet your hands under the cold water tap and shape the mixture into 20 small balls.
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper. Place the balls on the tray and flatten slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly coloured. Remove from the oven and allow to rest.