Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Vegan Chickpea Burgers that are very simple!
- 410 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 410 g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, trimmed, peeled and finely grated
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely grated
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons tahini, drained of any excess oil before measuring
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 gluten-free vegetable bouillon cubes
- Preheat oven to 220°C/Gas 7.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend for 5-10 seconds, until the mixture is fairly coarse (you can use a hand-held blender). Push the mixture down with a spatula and blend for a further 10 seconds.
- Remove the blades from the processor, wet your hands under the cold water tap and shape the mixture into 20 small balls.
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper. Place the balls on the tray and flatten slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly coloured. Remove from the oven and allow to rest. Serve with sweet potato wedges and a crunchy raw salad of mangetout, radishes, grated carrot, sliced celery and fennel dressed with a squeeze of lemon juice.
I substituted sunflowers seeds with LSA to give a more nutty flavour YUMMY
Really enjoyed these for supper! I halved the batch for 11 fairly small burgers, roughly what the recipe indicated. Except I used extra garlic, and some fresh basil since I didn't have coriander. Admittedly they're perhaps rather plain on their own, but great in a bun with ketchup, sliced tomato and salad! Did I mention the patties stick together perfectly? Thanks for a yummy recipe!