Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Like a falafel, but not deep fried. I don't recommend freezing.
Make and share this Chickpea Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- pita bread
- sour cream
- sliced cucumber
- sliced radish
- mixed sprouts
- In a small saucepan bring stock to a boil and stir in couscous, basil and lemon rind.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- In a food processor pulse chickpeas until fine.
- Pulse in couscous mixture, onions, egg, water, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Shape into four 4-inch patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- In a non stick skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Cook patties for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and serve.