Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
great for lunches. Works well with roasted parsnips and sweet potatoes.
- 1 (410 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (410 g) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, trimmed, peeled and finely grated
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely grated
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons tahini, drained of any excess oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder, wheat free if possible
- Preheat the oven to 220°C Line a large backing tray with grease-proof paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or with a hand-held blender and blend for 5-10 seconds, until the mixture is fairly course. Push the mixture down with a spatula and blend for a further 10 seconds.
- Remove the blades from the processor, wet your hands and shape mixture into 20 small balls.
- Place the balls on the backing sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15-18minutes until lightly colored. Remove from the oven and allow to sit.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemom juice over a bed of greens.