This burger is so delicious, you will not miss the meat, promise! Here's a tip: If you don't want this patties to fall apart, you absolutely need to make a rough chop while processing, also try making thinner patties.
- Peel the carrots, grate them coarsely and set them aside.
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and put them into a food processor with the garlic, ground spices, salt and pepper. Slightly process to obtain a rough paste then add the carrot, egg, and flour and process briefly until evenly mixed but slightly rugged.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and divide the mixture into 8. Fry in batches for 2–3 minutes on each side, until golden, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Keep opened chickpea can to cut round shapes in bread slices. Toast each slice in toaster or in frying pan.
- Serve with slices of tomato and red onions and mayonnaise.