Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur or 1 cup cracked wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup diced plum tomato
- 1 cup diagonally sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 3 (6 inch) pita bread rounds, each cut into 4 wedges
- Combine bulgur and water in a large bowl.
- Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Add the tomato and next 9 ingredients (tomato through chickpeas); stir well. Cover and chill. Serve with pita bread.
Tabbouleh like, better after a little while in the fridge. I had trouble with the water proportions and need to add more water, I also brought this to a boil first then let it sit.