1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Serve these hearty but low-fat burgers on a wheat roll with thinly sliced onion, watercress, sweet mustard and whatever other toppings inspire you. Makes about 9 burgers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small saucepan, bring couscous and water to a boil; turn off heat, cover and let stand until liquid is absorbed and couscous is tender, about 10 minutes- Reserve 1 cup couscous and save remaining for another use.
- 2Meanwhile, steam broccoli until tender, 5 to 7 minutes- Remove from steamer and set aside to cool.
- 3In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes- Stir in cumin.
- 4Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 5Preheat oven to 400 degrees, then line a large cookie sheet with foil, and dust with breadcrumbs.
- 6In food processor, combine couscous, broccoli, onions, chickpeas and tahini- Process until blended, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl when necessary.
- 7Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- 8Gradually add 1/4 cup bread crumbs- Add enough additional bread crumbs until mixture is stiff enough to form into patties but still moist- Season with salt.
- 9Shape mixture into 3-inch patties (1/2-inch thick).
- 10Put patties on prepared cookie sheet- Bake until lightly browned on both sides about 50 minutes, turning once halfway.
- 11They can be served at this point or grilled or broiled until crispy for 1 or 2 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea-Broccoli Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 167.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g