Prep 9 mins
Cook 26 mins
My cousin made a batch of these and they were quite good. They're almost healthy for you and Gluten-Free to boot! Her's were very gooey (which made them extra yummy). The original recipe is here: http://havecakewilltravel.com/2009/02/26/chickpea-blondies/ Would probably be good with cinnamon & brown sugar sprinkled on top (what wouldn't be?)
- 15 ounces cooked chickpeas, drained & rinsed (1 can. Also called garbanzo beans)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam (or other flavors)
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly coat 8" x 8" square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Scrape sides often.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 26 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack and allow to cool completely before placing in fridge and slicing.
Too disgusting for words. They are so horrible and should come with a warning
AWESOME recipe! My husband is allergic to gluten and I'm vegan so this worked out well for both of us. My friends and family who don't have special dietary needs also loved the flavor, not to mention the nutrition! My Dad left me an extensive voicemail message about how delicious and moist they were. The first time, I made them as directed. The second time, I subbed agave nectar for sugar, creamy peanut butter for crunchy, and cocoa powder for flour (to make brownies instead of blondies), and doubled the baking powder (which helped them rise more). Definitely a keeper. Will make again and again.