Recipe by Andrew Mollmann
My cousin made a batch of these and they were quite good. They're almost healthy for you and Gluten-Free to boot! Her's were very gooey (which made them extra yummy). The original recipe is here: http://havecakewilltravel.com/2009/02/26/chickpea-blondies/ Would probably be good with cinnamon & brown sugar sprinkled on top (what wouldn't be?)
- 15 ounces cooked chickpeas, drained & rinsed (1 can. Also called garbanzo beans)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam (or other flavors)
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly coat 8" x 8" square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Scrape sides often.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 26 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack and allow to cool completely before placing in fridge and slicing.