Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a yummy, healthy salad recipe, which will have you come back for more. :) Well at least, if you like earthy beet flavour, combined with sweet apple and salty feat cheese. I hope youll enjoy! The original version of this dish comes from German chef Tim Mälzer.
- 1.32 lb beetroots, cooked and diced (I use the vacuum packed ones)
- 1 small onion, finely sliced (leave this out if you dont like raw onion)
- 2 small apples, diced
- 0.44 lb feta cheese, diced (low-fat is fine)
- 1 (0.55 g) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 bunch flat leaf parsley, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- Comine beetroot, apple, onion, feta cheese, chickpeas and parsely in a big bowl.
- In a dressing shaker mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour over veggies and combine. Allow flavours to blend for 20 minutes.
- Note: For a change you can also make this using mozarella cheese and fresh thyme.
Great salad! We loved the combination of the beets, feta cheese and apple. The parsley and dressing were perfect too. I would like to give you more than 5 stars as this was a really good salad. Creaminess from the feta and crunch from the granny smith apples that I used and tang from the beetroot. Photo also to be posted
I Love beets, feta and chickpeas so how could I have gone wrong? Tasty good! Tarragon, lemon thyme, oregano and mint would have been a really nice addition along with the parsley. I also added more lemon juice. Onions are a must so don't omit them. I did add lots of black pepper and a touch of salt. Thanks for a tasty salad.The leftovers do produce a lovely red color. ;)
I used fresh local beets and replaced feta with myzithra for a change. Fresh herb in the garden. Next time, I'll substitute part golden beets for the red ones to add more color. Reviewed for Veg Tag September.