Recipe by Lalaloula
This is a yummy, healthy salad recipe, which will have you come back for more. :) Well at least, if you like earthy beet flavour, combined with sweet apple and salty feat cheese. I hope youll enjoy! The original version of this dish comes from German chef Tim Mälzer.
Top Review by **Jubes**
Great salad! We loved the combination of the beets, feta cheese and apple. The parsley and dressing were perfect too. I would like to give you more than 5 stars as this was a really good salad. Creaminess from the feta and crunch from the granny smith apples that I used and tang from the beetroot. Photo also to be posted
- 600 g beetroots, cooked and diced (I use the vacuum packed ones)
- 1 small onion, finely sliced (leave this out if you dont like raw onion)
- 2 small apples, diced
- 200 g feta cheese, diced (low-fat is fine)
- 1 (250 g) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 bunch flat leaf parsley, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Comine beetroot, apple, onion, feta cheese, chickpeas and parsely in a big bowl.
- In a dressing shaker mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour over veggies and combine. Allow flavours to blend for 20 minutes.
- Note: For a change you can also make this using mozarella cheese and fresh thyme.