1/3 Photos of Chickpea, Asparagus and Corn Saute'
This is a Weight Watchers recipe for both the Core and Flex programs. Point value 3. I found it a bit bland and tweaked it with 2 packets of Splenda. I have also added a 14 ounce can of quartered artichoke hearts to this recipe. I've made some changes which I've mentioned at the end of the instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (or thawed frozen)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over nedium-high heat.
- 2Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 3Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add the asparagus and cook, stiring occasionally, until bright green, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the chickpeas and cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus are tender, about 2 minutes.
- 6Remove the skillet from the heat; stir in the tomatoes, onion, basil, salt and pepper.
- 7Serve right away or at room temperature.
- 91) I add the onions right after the garlic and saute' for about 5 minutes.
- 102) I parboil the asparagus for 3 minutes prior to adding.
- 113) I add the tomatoes at the very end once heat is turned off -- they stay plumper that way.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea, Asparagus and Corn Saute'
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.7
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 548.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g