Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Giada De Laurentis. Can use frozen, thawed corn in place of the fresh corn. I also add a tomato to this salad. If I don't have a chunk of Parmesan, I will just sprinkle some grated cheese over the top after mixing in the vinaigrette.
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced, rinsed
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh corn
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned (garbanzo beans)
- 5 romaine lettuce leaves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, crumbled into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.
This salad is delicious. I use a whole head of Romaine lettuce, a whole can of garbanzo beans instead of a cup, and add a tomato. I also top it with crushed up pita chips. Yum!