Recipe by dale!
A healthy tasty vegetarian curry. Low in fat, gluten-free and dairy free. Perfect for lunch or dinner. Recipe from Teresa Cutter.
Top Review by Geri by the Sea
I've got to echo what Annetty says... I reduced the stock by half and it was still too much, very soupy. I'd decrease that part of the recipe to 1 cup. I also added the ginger and garam masala that she suggested, and some chili sauce... livened it up!
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or cook your own from dry)
- 1⁄2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cups spinach leaves, washed and chopped roughly
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 10 1⁄2 ounces firm tofu, cubed
- 1 -2 teaspoon red miso, dissolved in a little
- boiling water or stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non-stick pan and fry onions in a little bit of stock or water until soft.
- Add garlic and curry powder.
- Cook for 1 minute then add the remaining stock, chickpeas, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- Add spinach leaves, tomatoes, tofu and miso.
- Heat through until spinach is wilted and tofu is warmed through.