Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A healthy tasty vegetarian curry. Low in fat, gluten-free and dairy free. Perfect for lunch or dinner. Recipe from Teresa Cutter.
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or cook your own from dry)
- 1⁄2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cups spinach leaves, washed and chopped roughly
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 10 1⁄2 ounces firm tofu, cubed
- 1 -2 teaspoon red miso, dissolved in a little
- boiling water or stock
- Heat a non-stick pan and fry onions in a little bit of stock or water until soft.
- Add garlic and curry powder.
- Cook for 1 minute then add the remaining stock, chickpeas, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- Add spinach leaves, tomatoes, tofu and miso.
- Heat through until spinach is wilted and tofu is warmed through.
I've got to echo what Annetty says... I reduced the stock by half and it was still too much, very soupy. I'd decrease that part of the recipe to 1 cup. I also added the ginger and garam masala that she suggested, and some chili sauce... livened it up!
This was very tasty - & relatively easy to make however when I made it, I reduced the stock by half and it was still too much (for us)- I even tried thickening it up. Next time I'll probably add some Garam Marsala, Ginger, Tumeric & some Mustard Seeds to spice it up a bit and make it more of an 'India' curry & add only 1 cup of stock. Thanks Dale!
I haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds great. Filling, without being high in calories and packed with vegies. Also relatively inexpensive, which is an added bonus! It has all the things I look for, low salt, high fibre, low fat and high protein. Yum!