Recipe by l'ecole
Not sure where I got this recipe from; it's been sitting in my computer's hard-drive for several years. Finally got 'round to trying it, with the only change being swapping out regular diced tomatoes for Rotel (tomatoes and chiles), to give it some extra heat. Served over brown rice, DH and I thought it was delicious, satisfying, and healthy to boot!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chickpeas (cooked or canned)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute garlic and onions 5-8 minutes, until translucent and slightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine curry powder, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Add chickpeas and mix seasoning to pan and stir for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, tomatoes and their liquid, carrots, broccoli, and red bell pepper. Bring to a low simmer and saute for 10 minutes, until vegetables are easily pierced with a fork.
- Serve over basmati rice.