1/5 Photos of Chickpea and Tuna Salad
2 hrs 15 mins
Found this in Lidia Italy at Home, and it looks easy so how can it be bad with these ingredients? For a taste of it on a bruschetta grill slices of country bread. Allow for cooling time. Update - I made this again the other night and use crushed red pepper flakes instead of black pepper and I too reduced the amount of oil that I used.Also, served it with avocado slices(drizzled with lime juice)on the side. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- salt, to taste for the chickpeas
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna in olive oil, well drained and broken into large flakes
- 1 medium red onions or 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1In a large bowl, gently toss together the chickpeas, the tuna, onion slices, the olive oil, vinegar, chopped parsley and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Add more olive oil, vinegar, or salt and pepper as you like.
- 3Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea and Tuna Salad
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.5
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 1186.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 55.4 g