Found this in Lidia Italy at Home, and it looks easy so how can it be bad with these ingredients? For a taste of it on a bruschetta grill slices of country bread. Allow for cooling time. Update - I made this again the other night and use crushed red pepper flakes instead of black pepper and I too reduced the amount of oil that I used.Also, served it with avocado slices(drizzled with lime juice)on the side. Delicious!
- 4 cups canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- salt, to taste for the chickpeas
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna in olive oil, well drained and broken into large flakes
- 1 medium red onions or 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the chickpeas, the tuna, onion slices, the olive oil, vinegar, chopped parsley and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Add more olive oil, vinegar, or salt and pepper as you like.
- Serve chilled.