Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from allrecipes.com
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 946.36 ml water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook garlic in oil 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in garbanzo beans, water, bouillon cube, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
This simple recipe came together so easily! Great flavor from the rosemary and texture from the chick peas. My family really enjoyed this soup, thanks!
This was a good recipe for a light quick and easy dinner. I deviated a little from the directions. I don't like tomato chunks so I stuck an immersion blender in before adding the chickpeas to break up the tomato chunks a bit which thickened the soup nicely. I also added about 1/2 t dry basil and was generous with the garlic. I used home made chicken stock instead of bullion.
Nice subtly flavoured soup! We would have liked some additional texture to the soup, like maybe some rice or vegetables because it was a bit watery. Super quick though! I used some homemade chicken stock, instead of the bouillon cube. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2008.