Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chickpeas are high in protein, phosphorus, sulfur, and potassium. Serve with cubes of broiled smoked tofu or goat's cheese for a complete meal. From Detox - the process of cleansing and restoration.
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- black pepper
- 3 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch basil leaves, torn
- 1 romaine lettuce head, torn
- Put chili, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, water and black pepper in a jar and shake. Taste and add more lemon juice or oil if wanted.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, and basil to the chickpeas (which are drained and rinsed) and mix gently.
- Pour over dressing and mix again.
- Serve and arrange on Romaine.