Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Betty Crocker.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- hot cooked rice, if desired
- plain yogurt, if desired
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, gingerroot and curry powder in oil about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in chick peas and tomatoes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cilantro, lemon juice and salt.
- Serve over rice; top each serving with yogurt.