Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
From the Muir Glen website. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm always looking for great vegetarian dishes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansorganic diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- hot cooked rice, if desired
- plain yogurt, if desired
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion, garlic, ginger root and curry powder in oil about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are tender.
- Stir in chickpeas and tomatoes and heat to boiling; Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cilantro, lemon juice and salt.
- Serve over rice; top each serving with yogurt and for vegan simply omit the yogurt.
Made a great quick dinner that's healthy, too. I prefer the dish without rice. Thanks for sharing the recipe!