I saw Ellie Krieger make this on the Food Network on her show, Healthy Appetite. I made it for a party this weekend, and was asked for the recipe. It is very light, but very tasty! See what you think!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
Yogurt with Orange Essence
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, parsley and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the chickpea mixture and toss to combine.
- To make the Yogurt Sauce:.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, orange zest, orange juice and honey.
- Serve the chickpea salad over a bed of spinach leaves.
- Top with the yogurt sauce and a sprinkle of mint, if using.