Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a super yummy, savoury muffin recipe from an Australia's Women's Weekly cookbook. It is easy to make and tastes very good! I hope youll enjoy it as much as we did! :)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 40 leaves fresh spinach, chopped
- 300 g flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 170 g cornflour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 310 ml milk
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g chickpeas (if using canned rinse them under water)
- 8 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cheese, grated (I used gouda)
- Heat the 1 tbs oil in a frying pan. Add in spring onion and garlic. Sautee until lightly browned. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Set aside.
- In a big bowl combine flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the chopped parsley.
- In a second bowl combine milk, oil and the egg. Add to the dry ingredients. Stir just a little.
- Add in the spinach mixture and the chickpeas. Stir to combine making sure not to overmix. The dough will be rather stiff.
- Fill dough into prepared muffin tins and sprinkle each muffin with 1/2 ts cornflour and a little cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 190°C/375°F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.