Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'll sometimes use dried parsley and I have never used the green pepper -- and it still seems to taste really good. I am sure you could use the chickpeas as a sidedish to anything.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and celery.
- Cook 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add green pepper, tomatoes and seasonings.
- Cook 12 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chickpeas, mix and simmer 4 minutes.
- Serve with rice.