Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From 1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
Make and share this Chickpea and Pasta Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup cubed zucchini
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup uncooked farfalle pasta
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients, except pasta, lemon juice and salt in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours, adding pasta during last 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with lemon juice and salt.
Great. Used dried chickpeas and cooked according to package first. Left out the Celery. Served with a sprinkle of parmesan and loved it!
This was a real change for me, I have never used chick peas in a soup before but I must say it was very good not at all how I thought it would turn out, the herbs gave it a nice taste and the lemon gave it a wee bit of zing very nice. I will be making this one again. Made for herb of the month (thyme)
Great recipe and really easy to half for two! I made in it in my mini slow cooker for me and my mum, and we both loved it! Thank you :)