Recipe by bert
Wonderful for a buffet or BBQ. Or anytime really. You could leave out the feta cheese if you're not a fan but I love it, so I always use it if I have it on hand.
Top Review by DogAndCatDoc
I wasn't a big fan of this dish. I usually like chick peas and I love feta. It just seemed very bland to me. I did use dried herbs so maybe that is why, but after letting it set for flavors to blend, I ended up adding some additional vinagrette and seasonings to liven things up. I am not sure I will give this one a repeat performance.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3⁄4 chopped Italian parsley
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2-1 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together vinegar and garlic, followed by oil.
- Stir in rosemary and parsley and toss with chickpeas.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta until just tender; drain.
- Toss with chick pea mixture and feta cheese (if desired).
- Check seasoning and add more vinegar or oil if needed.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.