1/3 Photos of Chickpea and Orzo Soup
Lorrie in Montreal's Note:
Delicious on a wintry day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups canned tomatoes or 2 cups your own frozen tomatoes
- 1 (20 ounce) can chickpeas or 2 cups prepared chickpeas
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2/3 cup orzo pasta
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large saucepan, sauté the garlic, onion and rosemary in oil until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add tomatoes and chickpeas. Cook for 15 minutes.
- 3Add beef stock, orzo and salt and pepper. Heat thoroughly and let simmer for twenty minutes before serving, or put in a slow cooker on low for the day.
- 4Serve the soup with bowls of chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea and Orzo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.9
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 911.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 10.0 g