Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy homemade veggie burger. From Taste of Home Light & Tasty.
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml fat-free red wine vinaigrette
- 2 (850.48 g) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 78.07 ml chopped walnuts
- 59.14 ml toasted wheat germ
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 78.07 ml fat-free mayonnaise
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 44.37 ml fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Combine onion and vinaigrette in small bowl and set aside. In food processor, combine chickpeas, walnuts, wheat germ and parsley; cover and pulse til blended. Add eggs, curry, pepper; cover and process til smooth.
- Shape into 6 patties. Spray baking sheet with Pam. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until firm.
- Combine mayo and mustard, spread over buns. Serve patties on buns, top with lettuce, basil and onion mixture.