Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy homemade veggie burger. From Taste of Home Light & Tasty.
Make and share this Chickpea and Onion Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Combine onion and vinaigrette in small bowl and set aside. In food processor, combine chickpeas, walnuts, wheat germ and parsley; cover and pulse til blended. Add eggs, curry, pepper; cover and process til smooth.
- Shape into 6 patties. Spray baking sheet with Pam. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until firm.
- Combine mayo and mustard, spread over buns. Serve patties on buns, top with lettuce, basil and onion mixture.