Recipe by Sage
Fom the Land of Figs & Olives. This is also great on your buffet table.
Top Review by Engrossed
This is OUTSTANDING! I think it's from one of my favorite cookbooks "Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa". I made it as stated and we were fighting over the last flavorful bits... so good that my hubby licked the bowl! Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
- 19 ounces chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice