Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fom the Land of Figs & Olives. This is also great on your buffet table.
- 19 ounces chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- with the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.
This is OUTSTANDING! I think it's from one of my favorite cookbooks "Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa". I made it as stated and we were fighting over the last flavorful bits... so good that my hubby licked the bowl! Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
The only change I made to this recipe was to use red onions as I didn't have any scallions. This turned out tasty and very fast to prepare! thanks Sage! :)