Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious, light and healthy meal that can be for a light lunch, or served with salad and bread for dinner. The reference to bow ties is the shape of the pasta, and is the multi coloured vegeroni ones, but you can use anything you like.
- 500 g vegeroni bow tie pasta
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon anchovy, chopped (optional)
- 1 (300 g) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (425 g) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion, chopped (shallots)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water and cook until al dente, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick pan and pan fry the muchrooms, zucchini and anchovies for 5 minutes until soft. Add the chickpeas and tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes. Add spring onions, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Toss the drained pasta with the tomato mixture and serve in a large serving bowl. Garnish with more chopped parsley and a sprinkling of black pepper if desired.
Easy and tasty. Used fresh cherry tomatoes instead of canned, and omitted the garbanzos as I was serving as a side dish. We wanted a bit more salt, so added parmesan cheese. Thanks!