Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just add piles of creamy mash and thick onion gravy Mmmm
- 3 large red onions
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 250 g mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon medium curry paste
- 400 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 75 g breadcrumbs
- plain flour, for dusting
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Thinly slice 2 of the onions and chop the third.
- Fry the chopped onion in 1 tbsp of the oil until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the mushroom mix in a blender and add the curry paste, chickpeas, zest and seasoning. Blend to a coarse paste then add the breadcrumbs and blend until mixed.
- Flour your hands and form the mixture into 10 sausages.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil and gently fry the onion and sugar for 10 mins until nicely caramelised.
- Brush the remaining oil over the sausages and grill for 10 minutes until golden.
- Serve with mash and gravy or in a bun with the onions.