Recipe by dividend
This is a nice flavorful, hearty soup. The shavings of good parmesan definately add a nice finishing touch. [The Naked Chef]
- 12 ounces dried garbanzo beans, soaked overnight
- 1 medium potato, peeled
- 5 medium leeks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the soaked chickpeas, and cook with the potato until tender.
- Remove the outer skin of the leeks, slice lengthwise from the root up, wash carefully, and slice finely.
- Warm a thick-bottomed pan. Add the oil and butter Add the leeks and garlic to the pan, and cook gently with a pinch of salt until tender.
- Add the drained chickpeas and potato, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 2/3 of the stock, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree about half the soup in a food processor, and then return to the pot.
- Thin with the remaining stock to the desired consistency. Sprinkle with parmesan shavings, drizzle with olive oil, and grind on black pepper to taste.