This is a nice flavorful, hearty soup. The shavings of good parmesan definately add a nice finishing touch. [The Naked Chef]
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the soaked chickpeas, and cook with the potato until tender.
- 2Remove the outer skin of the leeks, slice lengthwise from the root up, wash carefully, and slice finely.
- 3Warm a thick-bottomed pan. Add the oil and butter Add the leeks and garlic to the pan, and cook gently with a pinch of salt until tender.
- 4Add the drained chickpeas and potato, and cook for 1 minute.
- 5Add 2/3 of the stock, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Puree about half the soup in a food processor, and then return to the pot.
- 7Thin with the remaining stock to the desired consistency. Sprinkle with parmesan shavings, drizzle with olive oil, and grind on black pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea and Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.5
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 216.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 15.8 g