Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A slight variation from a recipe from the South River Miso company. This is a great way to use up leftover brown rice, and makes a hearty soup. Can be made without rice for a lighter meal.
- 2 medium leeks
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 4 cups water or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chickpea miso
- Slice leeks. Heat oil in soup pot, and saute leeks on low until soft. Add chickpeas, rice, and water, and simmer until leeks are softened, approx 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and add miso paste, stirring until well mixed. Serve warm.