Recipe by Elise and family
This is fresh and filling, low in fat and perfect for a hot day when you are hungry and do not want to turn on the oven. The dressing is strong and good for warding away viruses. One serving makes a complete meal. You may replace the tomato with 2 cooked, chopped carrots for variety.
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 538.64 g can chickpeas, rinsed
- 59.14 ml raisins (to taste)
- 177.44 ml couscous (medium size)
- 177.44 ml boiling water
- 59.14 ml virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, diced
- 0.59 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To cook couscous, place in a bowl with equal amount boiling water and cover for 5 to 8 minutes.
- While couscous cooks, dice tomato and rinse chickpeas.
- To prepare sauce, mix olive oil, curry powder, lemon juice, garlic and salt by hand in a small bowl.
- Divide cooked couscous between two large plates or pasta bowls.
- Pour chickpeas, diced tomato and raisins on top of couscous (half of each per dish).
- Using spoon, drizzle generous amount of sauce over all ingredients. Serve and savour!