Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is fresh and filling, low in fat and perfect for a hot day when you are hungry and do not want to turn on the oven. The dressing is strong and good for warding away viruses. One serving makes a complete meal. You may replace the tomato with 2 cooked, chopped carrots for variety.
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup couscous (medium size)
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- To cook couscous, place in a bowl with equal amount boiling water and cover for 5 to 8 minutes.
- While couscous cooks, dice tomato and rinse chickpeas.
- To prepare sauce, mix olive oil, curry powder, lemon juice, garlic and salt by hand in a small bowl.
- Divide cooked couscous between two large plates or pasta bowls.
- Pour chickpeas, diced tomato and raisins on top of couscous (half of each per dish).
- Using spoon, drizzle generous amount of sauce over all ingredients. Serve and savour!