Prep 2 hrs
Cook 2 mins
A little something different.
- 2 (15 ounce) canned chick-peas, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 fresh green chile, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- fresh ground black pepper
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- fresh cilantro, to garnish
- In a blender or food processor, process the chick-peas until smooth.
- Add the garlic, scallions, cumin and ground coriander.
- Process again until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chili, fresh cilantro, egg and flour. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. If the mixture is very soft add a little more flour.
- Chill about 30 minutes to firm the mixture.
- **To make cucumber and yogurt dip, place cucumber in a colander, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and leave to drain 30 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towels and place in a bowl.
- Stir in the yogurt and garlic and season with pepper.***(bottom of directions for dip recipe)
- With floured hands, shape the chick-pea mixture into 12 cakes.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and fry the cakes 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with the dip.
- Makes 4 servings.
- ****Cucumber & Yogurt Dip*****.
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced.
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
good flavor... too mushy.