1/1 Photo of Chickpea and Chorizo Soup
This soup is low in fat, but will fill you up at the same time. I got the recipe from a supermarket magazine and have posted it her for future use and safe keeping. If you try it before I'll get around to it, please let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can of chopped stewed tomatoes
- 2 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 3 1/2 ounces diced chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- crouton, to serve
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1Heat the oil in a stock pot and cook the onion until soft and translucent.
- 2Add the stock, tomatoes, carrots, celery, potato and chickpeas. Cover and simmer for approximately 25 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- 3Add the chorizo and heat through.
- 4Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley and croutons.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea and Chorizo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.9
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 1104.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 18.4 g