Recipe by -Sylvie-
This soup is low in fat, but will fill you up at the same time. I got the recipe from a supermarket magazine and have posted it her for future use and safe keeping. If you try it before I'll get around to it, please let me know what you think!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 ounce) canof chopped stewed tomatoes
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces diced chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- crouton, to serve
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a stock pot and cook the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, carrots, celery, potato and chickpeas. Cover and simmer for approximately 25 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Add the chorizo and heat through.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley and croutons.