Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is a classic Mediteranean style salad. You need to plan ahead to allow time to soak the chickpeas overnight, cook them, and finally marinate them for this salad.
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked according to package directions and drained (measure after cooking)
- kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces spanish chorizo, cut in 3/8-inch dice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 pitted black olives
- Soak and cook the chickpeas according to package directions; you'll need 3 cups of cooked chickpeas.
- Alternatively, you can use canned, but these will contain additional salt.
- Once the chickpeas are cooked and drained well, toss them with the salt, oil, and lemon juice; cover and let marinate at least 2 hours up to 24 (refrigerate).
- Just before serving, mix in the remaining ingredients; add additional salt, if necessary.
- Serve cold or room temperature.