Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this in a magazine and saving it here.
- 2 (400 g) cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 370 g marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 long red chili pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- toasted mini baguette, to serve
- Combine chickpeas, artichoke, oil, cumin, garlic and lemon zest in a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Stir through coriander and chili.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with toasted mini baguette slices.
Just "ok". Hummus is better.
WOW! This was amazing! I made this today for a starter for the book club who meet at my home every other week, and I had to give the recipe to ALL of my friends, translating it for my French friends! I made it exactly as posted and we ate this with toasted pitta bread, instead of baguette, as I was serving baguette with the main meal. The star of this recipe for me, was the inclusion of the artichoke hearts and you may want to add them in the title of the recipe, as I LOVE artichoke hearts!! (It was a surprise to find them in the ingredients list, a happy surprise I must say!) I added a little extra garlic and chilli, 2 cloves of garlic and 2 red peppers, we are a spicy lot us Book Worms! Made for Make my Recipe in the Aus/NZ forum and a keeper for me and serveral of my freinds! Merci, FT:-)