Recipe by Noo
A hearty stew that is quick and easy to prepare and can be on the table in thirty minutes...perfect for busy households.This counts as 5 Ww points! Serve with basmati rice if you wish.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is a really delicious medley of veggies and chickpeas covered in a wonderful tomato-curry sauce. The seasonings were perfect and it makes such a hearty meal or accompaniment to a meal. All you need is some Naan bread and you are set. Made for the 1-2-3 tag, January, 2012.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, then add the cauliflower and potatoes. Return to the boil and cook for 5 minutes approx.drain and set aside.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan, add the oil, then the curry powder, cumin and cayenne. Cook until fragrant ( about 30 seconds), then add the chickpeas and cook another minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and sugar, cook 1 minute then add the cauliflower and potatoes, cook until the tomato sauce thickens and the vegetables are tender .
- Remove from heat and add the coriander and salt then serve.