Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Dr. Oz Recipe. Low carb.
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup canned chick-peas
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower floret
- 1⁄4 cup baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon dried currants or 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon light unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons plain fat free Greek yogurt
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add the onion and cook about 1 minute, or until softened.
- Reduce to low heat. Add the water, chickpeas, cauliflower, carrots, currants, cinnamon, curry powder, turmeric and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft and the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve topped with yogurt and garnish with additional cinnamon, if desired.