A tasty quick salad which looks very appealing. I like to use a Y peeler to make carrot ribbons to make it look prettier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl mix the yoghurt, mint and the 2 tbsp lemon juice and set aside.
- 2Chop 5 carrots and steam until just tender (about 5 mins).
- 3place the couscous in a bowl and pour over the water, cover and leave for 5 minutes.
- 4Fluff up the couscous and mix in the chickpeas and steamed carrots.
- 5Dry fry the cumin seeds until fragrant and popping.
- 6Crush the cumin seeds and add to the couscous with the lemon juice, zest and olive oil.
- 7Toss well and serve with the yoghurt.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea and Carrot Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.2
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 373.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of