Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Makes a great side dish or bagel topping.
- 400 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground caraway
- 1 tablespoon low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta (to garnish)
- Place the peas in a pan with the garlic, sage and stock powder. Add enough water to just cover. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat a tbsp of the oil and fry the onion until brown. Add the caraway ad reduce the heat while stirring until mixture thickens.
- Drain the peas and remove the herbs and garlic. Mash the peas with the remaining oil and yoghurt and stir in the onions, lemon juice and dill.
- Serve with the feta crumbled on top.