Recipe by Cookin-jo
A craving for bean dip resulted in this recipe. Adjust seasonings to your taste. Serve with corn chips or pita triangles or spread on baguette slices, top with Mexican type cheese and broil.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
The lime juice is a must! I forgot to add it and tasted it and it was bitter. I added the lime and it evened out. I was out of scallions, so used some leek and reduced the hot sauce. It was too hot even reduced for us! So I'll leave it out next time. I'll have to try spreading it on a bagel and broiling. Sounds like a good idea. Thanks!
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained well (white kidney beans)
- 3 -4 green onions, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf (less if you're not wild over cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (more if you like heat)
- 2 teaspoons cumin (or more)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- black pepper, freshly ground to taste