Recipe by Mad Maryno
I came up with that recipe at my grandmother's bed and breakfast... I was alone, and there was not pretty much vegan things, in the cupboards. Serve over basmati rice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup (i know, it's weird, but you need it)
- 1 head broccoli, cut in florets
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the onion, the garlic and the curry powder.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients, plus a cup of water.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve over basmati rice with a squirt of lime juice.