Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with that recipe at my grandmother's bed and breakfast... I was alone, and there was not pretty much vegan things, in the cupboards. Serve over basmati rice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup (i know, it's weird, but you need it)
- 1 head broccoli, cut in florets
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- In a medium pot, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the onion, the garlic and the curry powder.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients, plus a cup of water.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve over basmati rice with a squirt of lime juice.
nice and simple but nothing else....a bit embarrassing cooking a curry with tomato sauce but other then that (Y)
This was made for PAC Fall '06 I liked the recipe: easy & quick but the flavor is a little bland & I think that a little more curry, some salt & pepper and maybe some vege stock or chicken broth would improve the taste. Otherwise it's healthy & quick. I would make it again w/ some additions.