Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Named for my mom, the original creator of this casserole. She used to make this when we were kids and my sister refused to eat anything but chicken. Now I feed it to my husband to get him to eat chicken! It's great the next day, too...
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and cubed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup water chestnut, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Poach chicken until no longer translucent.
- Mix sour cream, mayo, water chestnuts, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain now poached chicken cubes and add into sour cream/mayo mixture.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Unroll crescent rolls into one sheet, and cover the casserole dish.
- Vent the top once or twice by pricking it with a fork.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- If the top begins to brown too quickly, cover with foil.