Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I've never made this, or had it for that matter. It sounds interesting to hubby and he's dying for me to make it so I thought I would share it with you.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 4 -6 cups cooked chicken or 4 -6 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup or 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese, cubed
- Put chicken broth into a very large crockpot. Add spaghetti and meat.
- In large bowl, combine soup and water until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, then pour into crockpot.
- Cover. Cook on low, 2-3 hours.
If you still haven't tried this, Chad's Cook, you need to get busy!!!:) My DH LOVED this and he usually doesn't much care for chicken. However, the combination of flavors here was truly delicious!! I fixed it with hot, crusty rolls and we devoured it!! This was one of my picks for PAC Spring 2006 and it was a great choice!!
This dish was pretty yummy and very easy to make. I do feel it was missing that 'wow' factor that sets certain dishes apart, which is why I gave it 4 stars. I halved the recipe to make 5 servings instead of 10 and cooked it for an hour and 45 min. I used cream of chicken soup instead of the cream of mushroom or cream of celery, but I think the cream of celery might have made it even better. I also subbed Velveeta cheese for american since I had it on hand. My husband loved it and devoured two bowls.