Recipe by Whisper
Another great recipe from my favorite cookbook, Thru the Grapevine, Finger Lakes Region cookbook. So easy to make and so delicious.
Top Review by Gumboot Gourmet
This is a great comfort food recipe. It's not highly flavoured, but just a great dinner for a cool night. I just sliced the veg (instead of dicing or mincing, I like a more rustic style. I didn't have any tomato sauce so I used a 32 oz can of roma tomatoes which made the dinner a bit more watery, but this was all sopped up by the bed of rice I served it on. I don't keep bottled dressings on hand, so I just made up Italian dressing with olive oil, white wine vinegar, basil & oregano. Thanks for posting!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced and diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green pepper, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In baking dish, place chicken breasts; sprinkle with salad dressing.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Add all vegetables and tomato sauce and continue baking for 1 1/2 hours.
- During the last 5-10 minutes, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- This is a low calorie recipe if low-cal dressing is used, or if regular dressing is used sparingly.